Le domaine du droit de la famille couvre une grande partie de la vie personnelle d’un individu et parce que votre vie familiale compte autant sinon plus que votre vie professionnelle, Boyer Law Firm, P.L. a une section consacrée aux questions de droit de la famille, pour vous aider dans les différentes situations familiales auxquelles tout le monde peut être confronté à un moment de sa vie, qu’il soit citoyen américain ou non.
Services de droit famille en Floride
Sur cette page:
Dedicated Legal Representation in Florida Family Law Matters
Continuing reading for more information on the family law services Florida family law attorneys offer, such as:
- Devise comprehensive Cohabitation, Prenuptial, Postnuptial, and Separation agreements
- Divorce: simplified, contested or uncontested
- High asset divorce and Complex Asset and Property Division
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Relocation
- Establishing Child support obligations and enforcement
- Establishing Alimony or spousal support and enforcement
- Paternity suits
- Parenting Plans and time-sharing issues
- Post-divorce Actions such as modifications (child support or custody)
- Legal separation
- Florida Divorce with Immigration Status Implications
- Florida Divorce with International Implications
- Enforcement of Out-of-State or Foreign Country Judgments
- Enforcement of Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreements
- Foreign Birth Registration of U.S. Citizen
- Assisting in the Proper Documentation for U.S. Citizens Getting Married Abroad
Destination Weddings: Getting Married Abroad
Many U.S. citizens as well as permanent residents get married in exotic places abroad. But there are not always aware that to be legally married there, they need to satisfy the host country legal requirements to get married. Most countries will request from the non-local fiancé an Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry to ensure for example that the foreign fiancé is not already married or has reached the legal age to get married in his own country. Contact our firm to check on the requirements of the country where you intent do get married and obtain and an Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry and have your marriage authenticated by the U.S. authorities afterward.
Services offered by Boyer Law Firm in regards to marital contracts in Florida.
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Post Nuptial Agreements
- Enforcement of Marital Contracts in Florida
Filing for Divorce in Florida
In Florida, at any time, any type of divorce can become an uncontested divorce. An uncontested divorce simply means the parties are in agreement on all issues related to the divorce.
The parties may not qualify for a simplified divorce, maybe because they have children. However, if the parties agree on all issues regarding the divorce and issues related to their children, they can file an uncontested divorce.
In some situations, a divorce matter may move from a contested divorce process to an uncontested divorce process. In the beginning, the parties may not agree on all issues, but later reach a mutual agreement. This occurrence is very common because many couples are able to reach an agreement during court-ordered mediation or negotiating a settlement.
The uncontested divorce process is typically less expensive than a contested divorce. When the parties are in agreement, they may not need to leverage lawyers.
Child Custody in Florida
The question of child custody can arise from different type of situations (divorce, separation of unmarried parent, as a consequence of paternity recognition, etc…). Because this question will determine the child’s everyday life, future, education, as a parent you want to make sure the judge will grant you child custody.
However, the judge main criteria in deciding on child custody is what is in the child’s best interest. To answer that question, courts will consider inter alia, each parents’:
- home environment
- capacity to actually take care of the child
- financial capacity to provide for the child’s needs (clothes, food, medical care)
- involvement in the child’s education and extra-curricular activities
- willingness to maintain or facilitate a real relationship between the child and the other parent
- criminal history, history of domestic violence, physical and/or substance abuse, of negligence of children
When the parents cannot come to an agreement, it is important for each of them to be represented by an experienced attorney who will demonstrate how his client offers an environment that is in the child’s best interest.
Child Support in Florida
Florida Spousal Support or Alimony
Florida Divorce with International Implications
Post Divorce Issues in Florida
Modifications (Custody, Visitation, Child Support or Alimony)
Child Support Enforcement and Recovery
Strong Legal Representation in Your Family Law Case
Whether you are looking to file for divorce or have been served with divorce papers by your spouse, we represent clients on either side of divorce proceedings. From the simple, uncontested divorce to the complex, contested divorce that requires trial, our attorneys have the dedication and experience you seek. With Boyer Law Firm by your side, move forward with confidence knowing you have retained top-notch Florida divorce representation.
Offices in Miami, Orlando, and Jacksonville